War has come to America
At least that’s what they say
The Twin Towers have been destroyed
By two hijacked planes early yesterday
Thousands have been killed
And thousands are injured too
Dust and debris cover the streets
As rescuers make their way through
I stare at the news on television
And they replay the crash again
Each time I see it , it feels closer to home
So close that I almost feel the pain
The first tower now collapses
And it crashes to the ground
I see people falling out of windows
Now just casualties to be found
Instantly my heart breaks
As realization starts to set in
This is definitely not a movie
War is really about to begin
Now the second tower crumbles down
And it’s the same thing as before
As it Enforces the frightening reality
That soon there will be war
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment